Arthroscopic Surgery for Dustin McGowan

Another press release:

MEDICAL UPDATE ON BLUE JAYS' DUSTIN McGOWAN

TORONTO BLUE JAYS pitcher DUSTIN McGOWAN today had his right shoulder examined by Orthopedic Surgeon, Dr. James Andrews in Birmingham, Alabama.

Following that examination, and in consultation with Blue Jays Consulting Orthopedic Surgeon in Florida, Dr. Steven Mirabello, it was determined that Dr. Andrews will perform arthroscopic surgery tomorrow, Tuesday, June 22nd. Dr. Andrews will perform surgery to increase the range of motion in his right shoulder as well as evaluating the health of the rest of the shoulder.

No timetable has been set for Dustin McGowan to resume a throwing program.

Tom: I doubt any of us have the expertise to know what this will mean for Dustin in the long run, but I'm hoping the evaluation of the rest of the shoulder goes well. We have no idea what the time table will be for him to start throwing again.