Got Your Pride and Your Prose: 6/24 Minor League Recap

Las Vegas lost 4-3 to Sacramento:

Brett Wallace was 1-4 with a home run and a walk

J.P. Arencibia was 1-5

Chris Lubanski was 1-3 with a home run and a walk.  Lubanski is hitting .311/.359/.622/.981 this season for Vegas, with 13 home runs, 19 doubles, and 6 triples.  His major-league equivalents are actually looking decent, too.

Brad Emaus was 0-2 but walked twice.

Josh Roenicke pitched a shutout, hitless ninth, walking and striking out one.

EE had another couple of hits and made it through the game without an error.

New Hampshire beat Harrisburg, 5-4, in 11 innings.

Darrin Mastroianni was 0-3 but walked twice and scored 2 runs.  He also hit the game-winning sacrifice fly in the 11th.

Eric Thames was 2-6 with a couple of singles and an RBI.

Adam Loewen and Shawn Bowman were each 0 for 5 with a run scored.

David Cooper was 1-5 with a 2-RBI single.

Brian Jeroloman was 2-5 with a walk.  .300/.459/.494.

Bobby Bell started and made it through 5 innings yielding two runs.  He struck out 1 and didn't walk anyone.

Danny Farquar took over and was good, pitching 3 shutout innings with 3 Ks, 2 walks, and a hit.

Trystan Magnuson got the win despite giving up a 2-run home run during his two innings, which also earned him a blown save.

Tim Collins pitched a perfect 11th (1 K) to get the save.

Dunedin lost 6-1 to Daytona:

Chad Jenkins got a poor welcome to high-A from his defense and also had trouble with the long ball.  Jenkins gave up 6 runs (3 earned) over his 6 innings, with two home runs but no walks and 3 strikeouts.  Jenkins did get a ton of groundouts when he wasn't serving up long balls, so that's good.

Adeiny Hechavarria made one of the aforementioned errors and was 0-3 at the plate with a strikeout.

Tyler Pastornicky made the other error and was 1-3 with a walk and single at the plate.

Travis d'Arnaud was 2-3 with a walk.  .276/.330/.436.  Still holding his own with his promotion this season, but he was doing great until injuries and a poor June slowed him down.  I think a big second half is likely.

John Tolisano and Mark Sobolewski were 0-fers but each walked once.

Alan Farina pitched a scoreless ninth - 46 Ks and 11 walks over 36 2/3 innings, with a 1.24 ERA.  Could be promotion time.

Lansing was still on all-star break, but they resume tonight against Dayton.

Auburn won a tough 1-0 affair against Williamsport:

Andrew Hutchison, a 15th-round draftee in 2009, is off to a great start to his professional career.  He pitched 6 scoreless innings in his second professional start, with 6 Ks and 1 walk, and just two hits (singles both) allowed.

As you'd expect in a 1-0 game, the Lansing offense didn't do much.  Marcus Brisker, Marcus Knecht, Randy Schwartz, and Lance Durham had the only hits, and only Durham's was for extra-bases (a double).  Brisker had the RBI.

The GCL Jays dropped one to the GCL Braves, 5-2.

Jake Marsinick was 2-4 with a double.

Moises Sierra was 2-3 with a double and a walk, continuing his rehab.

Chris Hawkins was 0-3 with 2 Ks but did walk.

Today's title from the song "Boxer" from the new, awesome Gaslight Anthem record.