There's An Opera Out On the Turnpike: Minor League Recap, 6/25

Tough one for the 51s - Sacramento beat them 11-2:

J.P. Arencibia was 3-4 with a home run.  .297/.346/.581 with 37 extra-base hits (16 home runs)

Brian Dopirak was 2-4 with a double.  .265/.289/.419.

Adam Calderone had the only other extra-base hit, a double.

New Hampshire thumped Trenton 6-2:

Zach Stewart was very good in picking up his 5th win, 2 runs in 6 1/3 innings, with 8 Ks, 2 walks, and lots of groundouts.  Some folks gave up on him way too easy.  62 Ks and 32 walks over 74 1/3 innings, 5-2 with a 4.36 ERA.

Big shot Yankees prospect Andrew Brackman pitched for Trenton, but that didn't trouble the Fisher Cats too much.

Darrin Mastroianni was 1-4 with 2 runs scored and a steal.

Manny Mayorson 2-4 with 2 stolen bases and a walk.  .320/.372/.376.

Eric Thames had a big night, 4-5 with a double and 2 RBI.  .271/.338/.468.

 Shawn Bowman had two hits, including a double.

Adam Loewen was 0-3 but had two walks.  If you're going to have an Ofer, that's the way to do it.

Dunedin beat Daytona, 9-3:

Henderson Alvarez was good on the mound, yielding 3 runs over 6 innings, with 7 Ks and 1 walk.  He was victimized by a couple of infield errors.

Tyler Pastornicky had a monster night, going 3-5 with a double and a home run.  .268/.356/.404.  Making things tough on Hechavarria if you ask me.

Speaking of, Hechavarria was 0 for 3, though he did walk and score 2 runs.  He also made another error.

Travis d'Arnaud had 3 singles.  .286/.337/.440.

Mark Sobelewski had the other big night, 3-4 with 2 doubles.  His promotion is working out pretty well so far.

Moises Sierra was 0-4 with a walk.  I'm hoping he doesn't stay too long in Dunedin either.

Brad McElroy was 0-3 but walked and scored a run.

Lansing was back in action and beat Dayton 7-6:

Kenny Wilson was 1-3 with 3 walks and a RBI.  Way to set the table.

Ryan Goins had two singles and an RBI.

On the other hand, Kevin Ahrens was 0-6 with 4 Ks, ouch.

Justin Jackson was 1-4 with a walk and a steal.

Eric Eiland had a triple and walked three times.

Auburn beat Williamsport 3-2:

Daniel Webb pitched 5 good innings (1 run, 3 Ks, 1 walk)

Carlos Perez was 2-4 with a triple.

Marcus Knecht was 2-4 with a double.

Marcus Brisker was 1-4 with a walk.

Randy Schwartz was 1-4.

Gustavo Pierre and Lance Durham were Ofers, but Durham had a walk.

The GCL Jays beat up on the GCL Tigers, 11-3:

Jake Marsinick hit a home run and also walked and stole his 3rd base of the season.  Off to a fast start to his professional career.

The unfortunately named Byron Namba, Andy Fermin, Carlos Ramirez, Pierce Rankin, and Garrett Maines each contributed doubles.

Solid day for our organization, as only Las Vegas lost.  Today's title from "Jungleland" by Bruce Springsteen.