FanPost

Jays young starters are a story of it's own

When Roy Halladay was dealt to the Phillies last year, it was very difficult to project how the young and inexperienced  pitchers in our starting rotation were going to reply coming to the 2010.

But Romero, Marcum, Cecil and Brendan Morrow have been nothing short of outstanding. The result, the team has performed above expectations and more importantly given hope to baseball fans in this city again, that there is a huge "bright light" waiting at the end of the tunnel after all.

Since being called from Las Vegas, David Purcey has seen very limited game action, but he has showed some potential to be affective coming out of the bullpen and there's a probable chance of  the team giving him the opportunity to be a closer before the end of the season or next year.

Of course we shouldn't forget top prospect  Kyle Drabek ,  who without question will be a part of this young rotation most likely next year,  Mark Rzepckinski and even Dustin McGowan who had successive shoulder surgery recently,  might return next year if rehabilitation goes well

I'm sick and tired hearing about how Tampa Bay has one of the best young rotations in baseball. Well! move over Rays, because there a team of new sheriffs in town and they are wearing a blue Jay uniform.