Blue Jays 3rd Pick, 38 Overall: Noah Syndergaard, RHP.

Andy Seiler says:

Noah Syndergaard   Position: RHP   School: Legacy HS   State: TX   Height: 6’5’’   Weight: 200
Seiler Rating: 1C2   Commitment: Dallas Baptist

Noah Syndergaard is a tall, projectable right-handed high school pitcher from Legacy High School in Mansfield, Texas. Syndergaard is yet another pop-up prospect this year, and he might even go the highest of any spring pop-up in the draft. He has major helium, and he’s in a great location for a large number of scouts to see him. That combination of size, stuff, projectability, and location all play a factor in draft position, especially when everything comes together at the same time after previously not going together at all. He was only a marginal college prospect for the most part entering the spring, but he came at hitters with more advanced stuff and command this spring, which makes him much more valuable, as there are very few high school arms who can match what he’s been doing in the few weeks leading up to the draft. He’s also a perfect workout arm, so teams that prefer that might be pushing hard on him, hoping to land him early. He’s a possible number three starter, so there’s big upside here. His fastball is a solid-average to above-average pitch already, and it projects plus, sitting 90-92, touching 94-95, and that’s very new velocity for him. He complements that pitch with a future above-average to plus curveball and a marginal changeup, but he only needs the two good pitches to get by. He looks like he’ll go out somewhere between the supplemental first round and the beginning of the fourth round, and he should be signable.