June, She'll Change Her Tune: A look at our pitching in June.

That wasn't a fun month.

But our pitching wasn't bad. Our starters had a 3.91 ERA, their best month yet. Our relievers weren't so good, 5.05 ERA, worst month of the three so far.

Ricky Romero: 2.12, 1-2. 5 starts. 34 innings, 32 hits, 12 walks, 24 k. His best month this season for ERA. A little run support would have been useful.

Shaun Marcum: 4.45, 2-2. 5 starts, 30.1 innings, 35 hits, 7 walks, 21 k. Really he only had one bad start, but it was really bad. He only allowed 4 earned in 20 innings over his last 3 starts.

Brandon Morrow: 1.91, 1-2. 5 starts, 33 innings, 26 hits, 10 walks, 34 k. Just a great month, ruined by bad offense. His worst start of the month he gave up 3 runs. Funny the guys telling us he would never be any good disappeared this month. I'm sure he'll have some rough times ahead, but right now he looks like a great pickup.

Brett Cecil: 5.34, 2-3. 5 starts, 30 innings, 33 hits, 8 walks, 20 k. 2 good starts, 3 bad ones.

Jesse Litsch:  6.98, 0-3. 4 starts, 19.1, 23 hits, 7 walks, 7 k. 2 good starts, 2 terrible starts.

Kevin Gregg: 8.10, 0-2, 4 saves. 6.2 innings, 7 hits, 8 walks, 8 k. Yeah, it wasn't a good month.

Shawn Camp: 2.03, 1-0. 13.1 innings, 7 hits, 1 walk, 8 k, 3 home runs. All the runs against him came on solo homers.

Casey Janssen: 6.00, 1-0. 12 innings, 12 hits, 3 walks, 15 k. He gave up runs in 3 of 9 appearances.

Scott Downs: 3.12, 1-1. 8.2 innings, 8 hits, 1 walk, 8 k.

Jason Frasor: 6.75, 0-0. 9.1 innings, 13 hits, 7 walks, 10 k. 7 earned runs, but 11 runs total allowed. A terrible month for him, but then he didn't pitch much with the game on the line.

Brian Tallet: 5.94, 0-2. 2 starts, 5 relief appearances, 16.2 innings, 18 hits, 8 walks, 16 k. More strikeouts than I thought he'd have.

David Purcey: 2.45, 0-0. 11 innings, 7 hits, 5 runs, 3 earned, 3 walks, 8 k. Every game he's pitched in we've lost. Cito, maybe we could use him in a meaningful situation at some point. Just to see what would happen?