Minor League Recap: July 15

New Hampshire lost 5-1 to Binghamton

  • Ray Gonzalez got the loss, 6.1, 8 hits, 5 earned, 1 walk, 2 k. 1-1, 5.40. The former Reider moved down from Las Vegas at the start of the month. He had a 9.18 ERA in Vegas.
  • Daniel Farquhar: 2.2, 1 hit, 1 walk, 4 k. 4.67. Daniel will have to become our hoped for closer of the future with Collins gone.
  • Eric Thames: 4 for 4, double. .287.

More after the Jump

Dunedin lost to St. Lucie 4-2

  • Henderson Alvarez took the loss, 5 innings, 6 hits, 3 earned, 3 walks, 2 k. 6-5, 3.65.
  • Boomer Potts: 1.0, 1 hit, 1 k. 1.59. He has been great since moving down from New Hampshire.
  • Jon Del Campo:  2 for 4, run. .289.

Lansing split a double-header with Wisconsin, losing the first 7-4, winning the second 4-2.

  • Matt Fields started first, taking the loss, 2.1, 11 hits, 6 earned, 0 walks, 1 k. Guess you could say it was a bad start. 2-4, 4.00
  • Matt Wright: 2.2, no hits or walks, 3 k. 2.93.
  • Egan Smith got the win in the other game, 5 innings, 6 hits, 2 earned, 1 walk, 3 k. 3-0, 2.73. He also won his 2 starts in Auburn before moving up.
  • Steve Turnbull: 2.0, 1 walk, 1 k. 3.20.
  • Kenny Wilson: 2 for 6, double, 2 walks, run, RBI. .232.
  • Sean Ochinko: 2 for 5, walk, 1 run, 2 RBI. .296.
  • Brad Glenn:  1 for 6, HR, 3 RBI. .237.
  • Kevin Nolan: 2 for 7, 2 double, .286. He played SS one game and first the other.
  • Justin Jackson: 2 for 6, triple, run. .244. Played SS and 2nd.
  • Randy Schwartz: 1 for 2, walk, run. .071.
  • Balbino Fuenmayor: 1 for 3, HR. .228.
  • Kevin Ahrens: 1 for 2, walk. .168.

Auburn lost to Tri-City 9-8

  • Andrew Hutchison got the start, 5 innings, 1 hit, 1 earned, 2 walks, 6 k. 1-1, 2.28.
  • Michael Kelly: 2.2, 0 hits, 3 unearned runs, 0 walks, 2 k. How did he give up 3 runs with no hits or walks? The team made 4 errors in the 9th, 2 of them by Kelly himself, one by Gustavo Pierre and one by Yeico Aponte.
  • Marcus Knecht: 1 for 5, double, run. .286. I saw a quote from him saying he could hit any fastball. I'm not sure that's a smart thing to say, odds are you won't see a fastball for awhile.
  • Lance Durham: 1 for 3, walk, double, run, RBI. .256.
  • Jack Murphy: 1 for 4, HR, 2 RBI. .136.
  • Yudelmis Hernandez: 3 for 4, double, 2 HR, 3 runs, 3 RBI..364.

GCL Blue Jays beat the GCL Phillies 6-5

  • Christopher Hawkins: 1 for 5, double, 3 runs. .258.
  • Jacob Marisnick: 1 for 5, .269.
  • K.C. Hobson: 3 for 4, run, double, 2 RBI, walk. .314.
  • Gari Pena: 2 for 4, double, 2 RBI. .194.

Las Vegas beat Fresno 3-0