FanPost

I'm in Camp's camp. Anyone else?

After tonight's 10th inning botch by Kevin Gregg, it's reached the point for me where it's time Cito anointed Shawn Camp as closer. Thank you, Kevin, for your 21 saves, but you're agonizing to watch pitch. Rarely do you make it easy. Too often do you blow opportunities to shut things down. Camp, on the other hand, has been a model of consistency in his role, and deserves a chance at closer. I'm not saying he'll automatically be a stellar success, but in my opinion he deserves a shot. Certainly tonight, in the Royals' 5-4 win, he was doing fine and ought to have stayed in. Cito bowed to the ridiculous trend of making sure the closer gets the chance to pad his stats with another save. C'mon, Cito-- go with the hot hand. It's Camp.