Two Home Runs and an Outfield Assist for Jose Bautista. Jays Beat Orioles Again

Orioles 2 Blue Jays 8

Jose Bautista is amazing. Tonight, 4 hits, 2 homers, 5 RBI, a walk and he threw out Nick Markakis trying to move up to third on a fly out. 30 home runs on the season and 75 RBI. Not bad for the end of July and not bad for a guy that never had more than 16 homers or 63 RBI in a season before.

The top of the order did all the heavy lifting. Fred Lewis was 3 for 5, with a steal and 3 runs. Yunel Escobar was 3 for 5, scoring two runs. And Vernon Wells drove in 2. The rest of the lineup was 1 for 18.

Ricky Romero had a great day too, 7.2 innings, 9 hits, 2 earned, 1 walk and 8 k. He did tired in the 8th, giving up 4 hits and the sac fly that Bautista turned into the double play. Scott Downs got the last 4 outs.

Yunel Escobar also had just an unbelievable play, getting to a ground ball behind second base and making a glove hand flip to Hill at second to get the out. If you didn't see it, go here, you'll thank me. I love the smile on his face afterwards.

Jays of the Day are Bautista (.215 WPA) and Romero (.201). Escobar deserves an honorable mention.

That makes us 11-0 against the Orioles this year. Tomorrow Brad Mills gets a chance to extend the streak. Jeremy Guthrie is victim Oriole starter.