FanShot

Orioles hire Showalter

3

The Baltimore Orioles have hired ESPN analyst Buck Showalter as their next manager, a source confirmed Thursday. Showalter's first game as manager will be Tuesday against the Los Angeles Angels, the first game of a seven-game homestand. The Orioles, a major league-worst 31-70, fired manager Dave Trembley on June 4 and replaced him with Juan Samuel on an interim basis. Craig here: Hmmm, I sure thought Juan Samuel was doing a darn good job :)