FanPost

Blue Jays Trade Brett Wallace for Anthony Gose

Not sure who it's for but he's being flipped over from the Astros in the Oswalt trade.

AA continues to pluck Amaro's prospects.

Gose is a toolsy 2nd rounder from the 2008 draft. He's got serious wheels and a hose.

Turning 20 in a couple of weeks.

Striking out a lot and not showing a ton of power in the FSL but that's understandable.

Here's what Mike Newman (Scouting the Sally) said about Gose's defense after the '09 season:

In watching Gose in centerfield, I could not help but think of "The Bad News Bears" and "Kelly" catching everything from foul pole to foul pole. In making spectacular sliding catches in both outfield gaps, he showed gold glove caliber range. As impressive as those catches were, however, his routes can definitely improve, as well as his overall body control. He was borderline reckless in the outfield and could leave himself open to serious injury. In seeing him twice, he was not in a situation where he needed to show off his arm strength.

http://scoutingthesally.com/2009/11/scouting-report-anthony-gose-of-philadelphia-phillies/

Sure, Gose has huge upside and will likely stick in CF, but I have no clue how AA couldn't net more for Wallace who has one of the highest floors out there.

More to come IMO.