FanPost

Halladay quietly positioning himself for NL Cy Young award?

I remember thinking not too long ago.  "Doc is having a typical awesome season, but it looks like he'll fall short of winning the Cy Young award, due to crazy-good seasons from a few players, such as Ubaldo and Carpenter".

However, I looked at the stats recently, and it looks as though Halladay may now be the leader, in terms of Cy Young candidacy (unless W-L is the most important stat to voters).  Still lots of baseball left to play, but so far...

Halladay 12-8 ERA 2.21 171 IP  149 K

Wainwright 14-6 ERA 2.23  153 IP  142 K

Jimenez  16-2  ERA 2.67  141 IP  126 K

Carpenter  11-3  ERA 2.93  156 IP  128 K