Minor League Recap: July 4

New Hampshire won 5-0 over New Britain

Other games after the jump.

    Las Vegas lost to Portland 5-4

Dunedin lost 14-0 to Lakeland

  • Chad Jenkins had a bad start, 4.1, 7 hits, 7 runs, 4 walks, 4 k. 1-2, 5.71 in his 3 starts since moving up from Lansing.
  • Travis d'Arnaud: 2 for 4, steal. ..288.

Lansing beat Lake County 7-6 in 10 innings

  • Egan Smith: started going 7, 9 hits, 3 earned, 0 walks, 3 k. 3.27.
  • Aaron Loup: 2.1, 5 hits, 3 earned, 2 k. 4.31.
  • Brian Slover: 0.2, 1 hits, 1 walk, win. 4.18.
  • Kevin Nolan: 4 for 4, double, 2 runs, walk. .311.
  • Yan Gomes: 2 for 4, run, 4 RBI. .227 in his 5 games since moving down from Dunedin.
  • Justin Jackson: 3 for 5, 2 RBI, steal. .236.
  • Balbino Fuenmayor: 1 for 4, HR. 235.

Auburn lost 10-3 to Staten Island

  • Andrew Hutchison: started, 4 innings, 3 hits, 2 runs, 0 earned, 1 walk, 5 k. 2.04. Drafted in the 15th round last year.
  • Leandro Melia: 1 inning, 1 hit, 3 earned, 3 walks, loss. 13.50.
  • Jesse Hernandez: 1.2, 5 hits, 5 runs, 1 earned, 1 walk, 2 k, blown save. 3.18. He was an undrafted free agent signing.
  • Andy Fermin: 2 for 4, RBI. .375.
  • Carlos Perez: 1 for 4, triple. .280.
  • Gustavo Pierre: 0 for 4, 3 k. .207.