The Plan Keeps Coming Up Again: 7/9 Minor League Update

Happy Weekend Everyone

Las Vegas beat Salt Lake 9-8

  • Brett Wallace is back in the lineup!  Wallace was 0-3, walked, and scored.
  • Jarrett Hoffpauir hit a home run and was 2-4
  • Brad Emaus was 1-4 with a 2-run double.
  • Luis Perez started and pitched 6 scoreless innings, 4 Ks and 2 walks.  He has a 5.54 ERA on the season, with very poor walk and strikeout numbers so far.

New Hampshire won 8-2 over their New England Rivals Portland
  • David Cooper had the big day for New Hampshire, going 3-5 with 2 home runs.  His overall numbers aren't great, but he is mashing recently - .333/.381/.769 in his last 10 games.  He does have 14 homers this season as well.
  • Adeiny Hechavarria was 2-5 with a pair of singles.  .222/.310/.333 in AA.
  • Travis Snider had 4 hits.  I'm thinking he's back with the team after the break, you?
  • Eric Thames was 0-2 but walked three times and scored a couple of runs.  .278/.356/.475 with 14 home runs.  Pretty good for his first taste of AA.
  • Shawn Bowman had an RBI double and was 1-5.
  • Ray Gonzalez did well in his start (7 IP, 2 runs, 2 walks, 3 K, lots of groundouts)
  • Danny Farquhar pitched 2 scoreless innings in relief.  Unimpressive numbers (40/31 K/BB, 5.18 ERA) on the season

Dunedin lost to Brevard County 6-1. Not much to report from this one.  Charles Huggins had a poor start and no one did much at the plate.

Lansing lost 4-2 to Great Lakes:

  • Ryan Schimpf was 2-4 with a home run.  .228/.329/.386.
  • Ryan Goins had 2 hits, including a double.  He also made his 12th error at shortstop.
  • Matt Fields had a solid start, with 6 scoreless innings and 4 Ks/3 walks, and lots of groundouts.

Auburn beat Hudson Valley 7-2:

  • Carlos Perez was 2-5 with a triple.  Great play early this season, Perez is hitting .313/.384/.500 and he's not yet 20.
  • Andy Fermin was 1-2 with 3 walks.  .346/.452/.346 so far at Auburn (just 7 games there)
  • Marcus Knecht was 2-3 with a double and walk.  .306/.386/.387.  Great to see that he's playing well and he hasn't shown his best skill, power, yet.
  • Matt Nuzzo was 1-5 with a 3-run triple.
  • Gustavo Pierre was 1-4 with a double.
  • Lance Durham was 1-4 with a home run.  .237/.348/.475 with 3 homers and 5 doubles.  Like the peripheral numbers other than the Ks, hope the contact skills come.
  •  Casey Lawrence continues to shine - 6 one-run innings yesterday, with 3 Ks and just 1 walk.  0.83 ERA on the season.  He's 22 so let's move him up.

The GCL Jays lost to the GCL Tigers, 2-1:

  • Shawn Hill made his first rehab start.  He went 5 innings, striking out 5 and walking no one.  1 run.
  • No one did much of anything at the plate.

Title from the great Built to Spill song "The Plan"