Jose Bautista Jay Player of the Month

Here is the press release:

JOSE BAUTISTA NAMED HONDA PLAYER OF THE MONTH

TORONTO BLUE JAYS OF JOSE BAUTISTA was voted as the HONDA PLAYER OF THE MONTH for July by the TORONTO CHAPTER of the BBWAA. Bautista becomes the first two-time winner in 2010, having earned the honour in May. Honda, the official car of the Blue Jays, will make a donation to the charity of Jose Bautista's choosing.

BAUTISTA, 29 was a unanimous choice after recording a .347 average with 11 home runs and 29 RBI. The 11 home runs led the major leagues and his 19 extra base hits were tied for the major league lead, leading to an AL leading .765 slugging percentage. The native of Santa Domingo, Dominican Republic becomes only the 3rd Blue Jay (4th time) to record two separate months of 10+ home runs in a single season, joining George Bell (1987) and Carlos Delagado (1997, 2001).

Tom: Congratulations Jose.