FanShot

Wise's dramatic steal

+

Nice little column on Wise's steal today and his role on the team. It's nice having a guy with his speed and attitude off the bench. "You’ve got to go out there with no fear," Wise, who represented the tying run, said of his 90-foot dash. "You can’t be scared to run. I mean Rickey Henderson got thrown out back in his time. You just have to go out there and whenever you decide to go, just get a good jump and go for it." "I know my role," Wise said. "I know with the guys that we have on this team it’s tough for me to break into the lineup other than here and there, but I’m always ready. Anytime they come down and tell me to get ready to pinch run, just in case they need me, I’m always in the weight room getting loose. I trust in my ability. I know I can go out there in a key situation like today and steal a base."