FanShot

Jays, Romero reach 5-year, $30 million extension

59

Ken Rosenthal, via MLB Trade Rumors, is reporting that the Jays and Ricky Romero have reached a 5-year, $30 million contract extension. The deal includes an option for the 2016 season. Rosenthal says this is the largest extension for a pitcher with less than two years of service time, though Ricky is only about 6 weeks short of 2 years. We'll have a full analysis later, but on first blush, I like this deal quite a bit both for Ricky and for the Jays.