Jays Put David Purcey on the DL, call up Jesse Carlson

David Purcey's move is retroactive to August 12th when he hurt his foot covering first base.

Jesse Carlson has a 4.24 ERA in 51 innings with the 51's.

I'm glad to see Jesse back, he's been a favorite of mine since he first came to the Jays and last year's brawl with the Yankees didn't exactly hurt his favored status in my mind. Hopefully Purcey will be back as soon as his DL time is up.