FanShot

JPA sent back down to AAA - Las Vegas

The Toronto Blue Jays optioned rookie catcher J.P. Arencibia back to Triple-A Las Vegas on Wednesday following their 5-4 loss to the Oakland A's. The move had been planned to coincide with the return of catcher John Buck, who is expected to be activated from the disabled list in time for Friday's game in Boston. Buck has been sidelined since suffering a lacerated thumb against the New York Yankees on Aug. 4 and has been rehabbing this week at Double-A New Hampshire. Arencibia batted .250 in five games for Toronto. His two home run, 4-for-5 debut performance on Aug. 7 was one of the finest first games in Blue Jays' history. Craig here: BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO