Minor League Recap: August 18

Las Vegas beat New Orleans 7-6

New Hampshire lost to Binghamton 5-2

Dunedin lost to Daytona 9-3

  • Chad Jenkins: 5.0, 9 hits, 4 earned, 1 walk, 3 k, loss. 2-5, 4.82.
  • Anthony Gose: 1 for 4, HR. .265.
  • Jon Talley: 1 for 4, double, 2 RBI. .241.

Lansing beat South Bend 10-5

  • Egan Smith: 5.0, 5 hits, 3 earned, 1 walk, 5 k, win. 6-2, 4.66.
  • Matt Wright: 2.1, 2 hits, 3 k. 2.62.
  • Jacob Marisnick: 2 for 5, 2 run, 2 RBI. .234.
  • Kevin Nolan: 2 for 4, triple, walk, 3 RBI. .306.
  • Sean Ochinko: 3 for 5, RBI. .318.
  • Brad McElroy: 4 for 5, run, RBI, steal. .343. He had been up in Dunedin but wasn't hitting there. Doing much better in Lansing.
  • K.C. Hobson: 2 for 4, HR, walk., 3 runs. 2 RBI. .250.
  • Justin Jackson: 1 for 3, walk, steal, 3 runs. .235.
  • Michael Crouse: 2 for4, triple, walk, run, RBI. .237.

Auburn beat Williamsport 9-5

  • Jesse Hernandez: 5.0, 4 hits, 0 earned, 2 walks, 8 k. 4.03.
  • Travis Garrett: 1.0, 2 hits, 2 earned, walk, win. 2-3, 5.68.
  • Shawn Griffin: 3.0, 1 hit, 1 earned, 1 walk, 2 k. 1st save. 5.27.
  • Jonathan Jones:2 for 5, 2 runs, RBI, 2 steals. .244. I know nothing about the guy, but I'm pulling for him, just because he has the Martian Manhunter's name.
  • Gustavo Pierre: 2 for 4, 2 doubles, walk, run, 2 RBI. .204.
  • Oliver Dominguez: 2for 5, run, 2 steals. .242.
  • Marcus Knecht: 2 for 4, triple, HR, 2 runs, 4 RBI. .268.
  • Markus Brisker: 3 for 4, 2 runs, 2 steals. .181.

GCL Jays beat the GCL Phillies 4-3

  • Jose Vargas: 7.0, 8 hits, 3 earned, 4 k, win. 1-2, 3.74.
  • Ronald Melendez: 2 for 3, triple, 2 runs, RBI. .268.