FanPost

Blue Jays Sportsnet1 Viewership Down 94%

So, how bad has the move of 25 games to Sportsnet1 hurt the team? Down 94% during this series. Only 31,000 people watched the Jays fall to Oakland. That's a respectable crowd in a stadium, but as your national viewership? Additional information here:

http://www.digitalhome.ca/2010/08/jays-audience-on-sportsnet-one-down-94/

While the talk is that, like TSN2, pressure closer to the hockey season will drive providers to adopt Sportsnet1, tagging it onto the baseball season may have the opposite effect. Many comments have been not only to dump the network but also the team, and plenty of people are linking streaming sites online to bypass the national blackout. Eventually, either the MLB or the CRTC has to get involved into this. You cannot claim a national blackout if you refuse to nationally broadcast, and I expect that to be challenged very soon.