FanPost

Recommended Booing (yes, yes.. and cheering...) Policy

From my experience at booing (and a bit of cheering), I've arrived at one major conclusion: If there's a clear booing/cheering policy, and the crowd boos in unison, it has a much greater effect. AND it is much more fun.

So I thought I'd lay out some basic rules for that policy, and you'll chip in and add yours. Then we'll find a fan working in a print-shop, who'll make 50,00 copies and we'll spread the word at the Rogers center...

1. DO NOT boo your own team players (Not even Tallet...). Even if they're in a slump. On the contrary - you should cheer the slumping ones. I always thought that Overbay deserve a bigger cheer...

1a. The only exception to rule #1 is when it's clear that a player is "loafing" (examples? Alex Rios, B.J Upton, Chris Bosh...)

2. Boo the umpires more. Half of them are legally blind, and they're having it way too easy in the Rogers Center. I'm not implying that I, from the 500s, can see the strike zone better than the HP ump, but I can definitely recognize an (un)checked swing, while it seems that a lot of 1B umps just can't get a right call. Put some pressure on the umps - if there's doubt, let's make them rule in our favor!

3. Clapping as a build-up for strike 3 are always good. So are other crowd-engaging activities, such as a wave. Those that are initiated by the crowd are better than those initiated by the PA system (or Maureen... God bless her... She's a nice woman but all this "When I say Adam, you say Hit!" is probably what got Lind into a slump...)

4.Boo A-Rod. Always.

5. Returning players policy: That's a tricky one. I, for one, will cheer for Scoot and boo Rios, but that's a matter of personal taste.

Feel free to add to this...