Minor League Recap: August 20

Before we start our regularly scheduled recap, I thought I'd point out that Beyond the Boxscore has us ranted 4th in their latest Power Rankings. 4th best team in baseball sounds pretty good from here. Here being Kelowna, where from we will be leaving tomorrow to return to the real world. Anyway the recap:

Las Vegas 51's lost to the New Orleans Zephyrs 6-3.

New Hampshire Fisher Cats beat New Britain Rock Cats 7-1.

Dunedin Jays lost to the Daytona Cubs 5-1.

  • Charlie Huggins: 4.0, 9 hits, 5 earned, 1 walk, 4 k, loss. 9-4, 3.69.
  • Daniel DeLucia: 3.0, 4 hits, 3 k. 3.15.
  • Evan Crawford: 2.0, 2 k. 2.63.
  • Yan Gomes: 2 for 4, HR. .276.
  • Brian Van Kirk: 2 for 3, double. .231.

Lansing Lugnuts lost to the South Bend Silver Hawks 7-4

  • Matt Fields: 7.0, 8 hits, 4 earned, 2 walks, 1 k, loss. 4-7, 4.14.
  • Jacob Marisnick: 1 for 5, HR. .219.
  • K.C. Hobson: 2 for 4, double, run. .290.
  • Justin Jackson: 1 for 3, walk, run, RBI. .253.
  • Balbino Fuenmayor: 1 for 3, HR, 2 RBI. .222.

Auburn Doubledays beat Williamspost Crosscutters 11-4

  • Misual Diaz: 5.0, 5 hits, 2 earned, 1 walk, 5 k, win. 1-0, 1.80.
  • Jon Jones: 2 for 4, walk, 2 runs, 1 RBI. .246.
  • Gustavo Pierre: 2 for 5, triple, run, 3 RBI. .210.
  • Carlos Perez: 2 for 4, 2 runs, 1 RBI, steal. .311.
  • Marcus Knecht: 1 for 2, double, 2 walks, run, RBI. .267.
  • Matthew Nuzzo: 2 for 5, 2 run, 2 RBI. 267.
  • Oliver Dominguez: 2 for 4, HR, 3 RBI, steal. .247.

GCL Jays beat the GCL Braves 6-1

  • Tyler Powell: 5.0, 3 hits, 2 k, win. 3-1, 0.50.
  • Matt Abraham: 2 for 5, run, RBI. .211.
  • Kellen Sweeney: 1 for 4, triple, run, RBI. .241.
  • Pierce Rankin: 2 for 3, double, walk, run, RBI. .282.
  • Shane Opitz: 3 for 4, double, run, 1 RBI. .208.