FanPost

Catcher Statistics

Does anybody know if a statistic exists that records the performance of pitchers when being caught by a certain catcher? I believe that this would be a good way to measure the pitch calling abilities of catchers. It would also provide coaches the ability to find chemistry between certain catchers and pitchers, much like Molina and Morrow. Obviously a catcher on a team with an elite staff would have a much lower ERA, but maybe it could be compared to the team's ERA when being caught by somebody else. Anyway, I just thought it would be a way to add another dimension to the catcher position and how their abilities are measured from a defensive standpoint.