Minor League Recap: August 31

August ends without and waiver trades. Odds are slim that anything will happen in September. The Jays have recalled J.P. Arencibia and activated David Purcey. I'd imagine more players will be added once the PCL season ends.

Las Vegas beat Sacramento 4-2.

  • Scott Richmond got the start: 6.0, 1 hit, 4 walks, 7 k, win. We'll likely see him next week in Toronto.
  • Josh Roenicke: 1.0, 4 hits, 2 earned. 3.70.
  • Jamie Vermilyea: 1.0, 3 hits. 4.91.
  • Jeremy Accardo: 1.0, 2 hits, 1 walk, 24th save. 3.48.
  • Manny Mayorson: 2 for 5, double, run. .350.
  • Brad Emaus: 1 for 3, 2 RBI, walk, steal. ..297.

New Hampshire beat Harrisburg 1-0 in 10 innings.

Dunedin beat Lakeland 4-3 in 10 innings.

  • Ryan Shopshire: 5.0, 5 hits, 2 earned, 1 walk, 2 k. 3.38.
  • Nestor Molina: 2.1, 4 hits, 1 earned, 2 k. 3.86. Just called up from Lansing.
  • Matthew Daly: 1.0, 2 hits, 2 k. 30th save. 2.25.
  • Marc Sobolewski: 2 for 5. ..259.
  • Ryan Goins: 2 for 4, RBI. .207.

Auburn beat Mahoning Valley 3-1, scoring 2 in the 9th for the win. Just have to mention the Mahoning starting pitcher's name is Michael Goodnight. It could easily be worked into the Whose on First routine.

  • Misaul Diaz: 4.0, 3 hits, 1 walk, 3 k. 1.00.
  • Michael Kelly: 2.0, 1 hit, 1 walk, 3 k, win. 1-2, 2.45.
  • Dayton Marze: 1.0, 2 hits, 1 walk, 2 k. 7th save, 2.96.
  • Carlos Perez: 0 for 1, 2 walks, 1 run. .304.
  • Lance Durham: 2 for 3, HR, 2 RBI, walk. ..258.

Lansing lost to Dayton 12-0, ruining what was almost a perfect day for the organization.

  • Daniel Webb made his first Lansing start: 5.0, 7 hits, 6 runs, 3 earned, 1 walk, 2 k, loss. 5.40.
  • John Del Campo: 2 for 4, double. .304.