Ford C. Frick Award Voting Starts Today. Vote Tom Cheek, Early and Often.

It is time, once again, to vote for Tom Cheek to get put on the ballot for the Ford C. Frick award.

I likely don't need to tell you all how deserving Cheek is for this honor so I'll just copy out the bio that the Hall of Fame folks have for him:

TOM CHEEK: 31 years (Expos, 1974-76; Blue Jays, 1977-2004) and retired...Spent the final 28 years of his career with the Blue Jays as radio play-by-play man...When forced to retire during the 2004 season because of a brain tumor, was the only person to had worked every Blue Jays game...Broadcast for the Baseball Network, 1994-95...Called many post season games on Canada radio for Telemedia...Play-by-play experience includes baseball, basketball, football and hockey for the University of Vermont...From 1974 to 1976 was the swing man on Montreal Expos radio broadcasts on television nights...Member of the broadcast team for ABC Sports at the 1980 Winter Olympics at Lake Placid and 1984 Olympics at Sarajevo...Has broadcast college basketball for Mutual Radio Network...Passed away Oct. 9, 2005.

Again this year, the voting is on Facebook, just click on this link. Again there are a lot of deserving names on the ballot. Dave Van Horne was the voice of the Expos on TV and radio for years and was terrific. I owe a lot of my love for the game to him. Alan Ashby's name is on the ballot. I like listening to him too, but we'll get him on it later. Joe Buck, Skip Carey, Don Chevrier (was the TV voice of the Jays for 21 years), Dizzy Dean (my dad talks about him as a TV broadcaster, and he was never a baseball fan), Jacques Doucet (French voice of the Expos), Fergie Oliver, Claude Raymond, Phil Rizzuto, Duke Snider, Ken Singleton (both the last two were analysts  on the Expo games on CBC) and many others are all worthy and on the ballot (maybe they should pick more than one for a few years to catch up).

But this year it should be Tom Cheek's turn. So vote early, vote often. I think the deal is you can vote once a day, so do it.

And if they give the award to Joe Morgan (whose name is on the ballot) it will be yet another sign that the Four Horsemen are on their way.