FanPost

Aaron Hill's Extension

As Drew explains at Ghostrunner on first "Hills contract calls for $4 mil this year and $5 mil next. The next three years are club options; three of which can be activated at the end of this season with only two available at the end of 2011." (http://www.ghostrunneronfirst.com/2010/08/alex-anthopouloss-first-real-decision.html#comments) It seems that if the Jays want Hill at 8 mil, 8 mil and then 10 mil for three more years AA has to make the decision this off-season. Should AA activate Hill for three years or wait till after next year to decide on the two years remaining.

(for more discussion see http://www.drunkjaysfans.com/2010/08/on-aaron-hill.html#disqus_thread)

Hill has improved significantly since the all star break though his average is still down.

First Half:

.189/.272/.359/.631/.180/ (avg/obp/slg/ops/babip)

Second Half:

.256/.299/.481/.780/.244 (avg/obp/slg/ops/babip)

He's had 9 Hr in 156 Abs since the All star break.

I think even if his average remains down next year it will remain closer to the .250 mark, and though he doesn't get on base he has continued to hit home runs this year, and I think his second half numbers line-up pretty well against other second or third baseman.With a low OBP percentage I'd rather see him down in the order especially when struggling.

Should the Jays activate him for three years.