FanPost

Who's your sleeper

I replied to a thread at MinorLeagueBall on prospect sleepers and thought it would make for good discussion here.  So tell me what you think and tell me who your sleepers are after the jump.

GCL – Shane Optiz., SS – 2010 11th rounder that signed for $225k. put up a nice .303/.361/.455 slash line over the last ten games.

SS – Drew Hutchison, RHP – 2009 15th round over slot signee out of high school. Toronto’s #31 propsect according to the BA handbook. 51H, 19BB, 63k in 68.7 IP between SS and MWL.

A- – Michael Crouse, OF, – 19 year old, potential 5-tooler drafted in the 2008 16th round. .277/.365./495 between GCL and MWL

A+ – Michael McDade, 1B – 21 year old from the 2007 draft class good offensive numbers for the league (.763 OPS) with really good defence. He needs to walk more.

Also Joel Carreno, RHP - 23 year-old dominican with some eye-popping peripherals: 173:30 k:bb ration in 137 innings (147 hits), 385!! BABIP.

AA – Darin Mastroianni, CF – 25 year-old on base machine with speed and defence. Likely would have been in AAA second half were it not for the playoff push at NH. .390 OBP in 2010 and 106 steals v. 25 CS over past two years. Good 4th outfielder prospect.

AAA – Bradley Emaus, 2B/3B – 24 year old who, outside of a horrible June09, has put up really nice numbers over the passed three seasons. Excellent plate discipline as evidenced by his 81:69 bb:k ratio. Put up a slash of .290/.397/.476 between AA and AAA.