FanPost

The Jays don't use their AAA farm team as they should

I have noticed, especially over the past three or four years, that the Jays have a tendency to keep good prospects mired in Double-A and then jump them straight to the big club when they are needed.  This is especially true of pitchers (witness Drabek, Litsch, and Richmond to name a few).  I think our real prospects would benefit by facing tougher pitchers/batters at the AAA level instead of having those spots filled by professional minor leaguers like Jarrett Hoffpauir, Raul Chavez, Jason Lane, Willie Collazo, and Sean Henn

I agree that it sucks to keep guys in Las Vegas where we cannot get at them from the east coast on short notice.  It's a shame that we haven't kept our Triple-A farm club closer to Toronto.  Does anyone know what management did to irritate the Chiefs, scare off Buffalo, and get left with Vegas when the AAA musical chairs ended last off-season?  I'd have preferred to have seen the Jays start over in Ottawa, Montreal, Richmond, or some other city that is at least in the Eastern Time Zone.