FanPost

Who'd you rather?

Who'd you rather have closing tonight's game, Mariano Rivera or Kevin Gregg? Obviously this isn't a question about your preference for best career or best year. Just tonight's game. Some stats:

Mariano Rivera last 6 appearances:

0-1, 9.53 E.R.A, 3 blown saves

Kevin Gregg since the All-Star break:

2-2, 2.78 E.R.A.

Just for tonight, I'd prefer Kevin Gregg. Perhaps Mariano is due to start pitching better though. A second question is should we exercise the option we have for Kevin Gregg for 2011 and/or 2012? I'd say 'yes' to that also at least for 2011. I don't think we have any better options available and he's done a lot better than most of the closers we've had in recent years.