We should have Cito Gaston Day more often. Jays beat Yankees.

Love the look Travis. You can see pictures of the Cito tribute by clicking on the picture above. (Photo by Abelimages/Getty Images)

Yankees 4 Blue Jays 8

Now that was a game that's start, middle and end was perfect. A great and very well deserved tribute to Cito. Very nice to see Joe Carter, George Bell and Pat Hentgen again. Then the game starts and the Jays score early and often. The 9th inning starts out a little rough, the strike zone dissolves to the size of a postage stamp with Derek Jeter up, but Kevin Gregg comes in to get three quick outs. Life is good.

Home runs by Travis Snider (to lead off the game and set a new team record), John Buck and Aaron Hill. That's number 20 for Buck (maybe we can see Arencibia now?) and number 26 for Hill. we also 'manufactured' a few runs. Snider, Hill, Vernon Wells and Buck each had two hits. Hill drove in 4 runs. The only 0 fors were from Jose Bautista and Lyle Overbay (who took a walk and scored). Jose has been in a minor slump the last few days, he's gone 4 games without a hit, but with the year he has had, he is allowed a little slump.

Brett Cecil pitched 5 scoreless innings then ran into troubles in the 6th. ARod hit a homer, Cano took a pitch for the team, an out, a walk and two singles later, Brett was out of the game. Before that inning Cecil looked great earning his team leading 15th win.

Jason Frasor came in and got out of the 6th with a double play, then pitched a perfect 7th. Shawn Camp pitched a scoreless 8th. Jesse Carlson threw, by my count (and gameday confirms it), 2 perfect strike 3's before walking Jeter to start the 9th. Swisher singled and Cito brought in Gregg in a non-save spot. Gregg got the last 3 outs, helped out by a spectacular play by Yunel Escobar, going a long way to his right and making a leaping throw from a lot closer to the third base line than a shortstop should ever get.

Jays of the Day are Snider (.153 WPA), Cecil (.129) and Frasor (.097). Honorable mention to Buck and Hill. No Suckage Jays, Bautista had the worst number at -.082.

A perfect night for Cito, starting with the tribute and ending with a gatorade shower. It is always good to beat the Yankees and even better to win a series from them. A number of the Jays painted on grease mustaches in Cito's honor. It looked best on Snider, since it till be a few years till he can grow his own.

It is always good to beat the Yankees and even better to win a series from them.

The Jays are off to Minnesota for four games to finish off the season. Shawn Hill faces Francisco Liriano in the first game.

I forgot to mention the attendance, 33,143 there to say goodbye to Cito.