The Jays Call Up Jarrett Hoffpauir, Rommie Lewis and Josh Roenicke

The Jays made 3 call ups today: Jarrett Hoffpauir, Josh Roenicke and Rommie Lewis from Las Vegas. All three should be in New York for our game tomorrow afternoon. With the number of players injured at the moment an extra infielder is a good thing to have.

Early next week we'll likely be getting another pitcher or two. Someone has to make the start Wednesday, likely either Brad Mills or Scott Richmond. I'd think bringing both up wouldn't be a bad thing, but I'm not sure which one will be starting Wednesday. Unfortunately for Jeremy Accardo, I doubt he'll be called up, even though he was named PCL Reliever of the Year.

Hoffpauir had 28 at bats for Toronto earlier in the year hitting .214/.267/.517. In 107 games at Vegas he hit .295/.376/.494 with 16 HR and 73 RBI.

Roenicke pitched in 9 games for the Jays early in the season and had a 4.97 ERA. In Vegas he was 9-1, with a 3.64 in 36 games.

Lewis, a lefty, had a 4.91 ERA in 13 games for the Jays. In Vegas he had 8 starts and 15 relief appearances, 1-5, 5 saves and a 7.59 ERA.