Jays hit 3 home runs and none of them by Jose Bautista. Jays beat Yankees.

Blue Jays 7 Yankees 3

A very nice way to end the the series. A nice start by Brett Cecil. He went 6.1 giving up 7 hits, 4 walks, 3 earned, 3 k. It seemed like anytime he got in trouble he made the pitches he needed. He had 12 ground outs and just 3 fly outs. He has been really good the last couple of months.

Our pen pitched the last 2.2 innings without giving up a run. Josh Roenicke, Jesse Carlson and Kevin Gregg all did well. Casey Janssen gave up a hit and a walk, while just getting 1 out, a strike out. Cito, with extra arms in the pen, took him out quick. Roenicke pitched a good inning. Nice to see him back with the team.

We also got some offense. 11 hits on the day. Vernon Wells, Aaron Hill and John Buck each hit homers. Vernon and Buck each hit them to dead center, big time shots. Hill and Travis Snider (two doubles) had 3 hits each. DeWayne Wise had 2. Everyone else had one except for Bautista, Overbay and McDonald. Aaron Hill also made a nifty slide into second a his hit to the wall in the first. The ball beat him to the bag but he was able to avoid the tag. That allowed Vernon to come up in the inning and get the two run homer to start us off right.

Jays of the Day are Cecil (.186 WPA), Hill (.168) and Wells (.165). Roenicke and Snider deserve honorable mention. No Suckage Jays today.

Aaron Hill came out of the game in the 9th, limping a little. He has a sore knee and will likely miss tomorrow's game. It would be too bad if he had to miss some games now that he is starting to hit.

We start a 4 game series with the Texas Rangers tomorrow, in Toronto. Tommy Hunter (12-2, 3.64) gets the start for the Rangers. Ricky Romero (11-8, 3.60) for the Jays. It is another afternoon game and it is on the normal Sportsnet channels.

It is always nice to beat the Yankees