Pressure's Gonna Drop on You: Texas Rangers at Toronto Blue Jays GameThread

The Jays managed to salvage one from the Yankees yesterday thanks in large part to another good start from Brett Cecil and a few homeruns.  They look to build on that win this Labour Day afternoon at home against the Texas Rangers.

Ricky Romero (11-8, 3.60) gets the start for our beloved corvids.  He's had a fine season thus far and looks to continue his success.  He's had some control issues his last two starts (walking five in each), so hopefully he can solve those and get back on his feet.

Tommy Hunter (12-2, 3.64) starts for Texas.  Don't let the shiny record and solid ERA fool you.  Tommy's been extraordinarily fortunate with batted balls and runners on this season, allowing hits on just 26% of batted balls and stranding 82.5% of baserunners, in spite of striking out just 4.45 K/9 and a groundball-rate around 40%.  Let's hope his luck catches up with him today.

JPA sits again.  Wise leads off.  Yunel is back in the lineup.  Travis bats ninth.  As Tom said earlier today, the Jays won't have to deal with Josh Hamilton today.

Let's hope it's a good one.  As JohnnyG says, Keep it civil!

Today's title from the reggae standard written by Toots Hibbert.