FanPost

Lastings Milledge, Alex Gordon, Kila Ka'aiheu

a few moments ago i was reading a mlbtr post on Lastings Milledge, and i got high on the guy.

We already do have a fourth outfielder/fringe starter in Davis, but if we move Bautista to 3B we could move Snider to RF and maybe give Milledge a shot in LF

He's still very young, and can at least hit for a good average and has some speed, though he has not yet found any power. He is also a pretty bad fielder (some say he's lazy).

If he can find some power in Rogers Centre though, we've got a good young talent on the cheap.

If AA doesn't bite on Milledge, I'd at least like to see him go for Alex Gordon & Kila Ka'aiheu

Royals will most likely trade Gordon as soon as Moustakas is ready to take over (either that or they keep him in LF), and he could definitely be useful.

Like Milledge, moving to a hitters park could help find that power he showed in the minors. While he strikes out a ton, his walk rate has been increasing, and in 2010 he walked 12.1%. Also like Milledge, his defence isn't great. He could either play 3B or LF so that is a bit of a consolation.

I've been hearing that the Royals are finally going to play Kila in 2011, so he may not be traded. But if he is, AA should definitely look in on this guy (though i'm sure he looks in on every guy).

His batting avg and power numbers are just avg, but he walks, and walks, and walks. I'm not too sure about his defence, but his UZR is positive for now. He hasn't played enough innings for it to be accurate. Fan scouting on Fangraphs say his defence is below avg.

These guys aren't superstars, but they're young, cheap, and have potential to be all-stars.

What do y'all think? Discuss