Make your predictions: Marc Rzepczynski

I've been going along with the idea that Marc Rzepczynski will be our 5th starter, barring some accident in spring training or Jesse Litsch showing really well.

Marc had a great time in the Arizona Fall League going 4-0 with a 1.16 ERA in 6 starts. 27 k, 9 walks and 24 hits in 31.0 innings.

Last year he was up and down from the Jays to our Triple-A team in Vegas. In Toronto he wasn't wholly successful:

2010 - Marc Rzepczynski 4-4 14 12 0 0 0 0 63.2 72 37 35 8 30 57 4.95 1.60

But then it wasn't that bad for a 24 year old in the AL East. He struck out 8.06 and walked 4.24 per 9 innings. His FIP was 4.57 and xFIP was 4.29. Fangraphs credited him with a 0.5 WAR.

I'll admit he is a favorite of mine, I like guys that can strike people out. I think that as he gains experience he'll walk fewer batters, in the minors he walked 3.5/9 over his career.

Bill James is fairly optimistic about his 2011 season, figuring him to go 5-7, with a 4.50 ERA in 110 innings over 20 starts.

I'd like to see him be given the 5th starter job and allowed to run with it. I think players do better if they aren't worried they will be sent to the minors if they have a bad start. If that happens, I can see him going 9-8 with a 4.30 ERA over 25 starts and 155 innings, with something like 150 k and 65 walks.

What say you?