FanPost

Bargain Basement Shopping?

Just read a note on MLBTR about the remaining DH crop and it is still very intriguing.  Any one of Manny Ramirez, Jim Thome or Vlad Guerrero would be a welcome addition to the Jays lineup in my opinion.  And to a lesser degree I wouldn't mind seeing Damon, Branyan or Glaus here to.

I think AA realized back in October when the Manny Ramirez to Toronto rumours were flying around that there wasn't a huge market for aging DH's that can't play in the field so waiting out the market has probably brought the asking prices lower and they may continue to drop the closer to Spring Training we get.  It would have been nice to add a bit bat with some defensive value but the Jays had options to who they could add and moving Bautista to 3B, Lind/EE to 1B and Davis, Snider, Wells in the OF isn't that bad if Manny, Thome or Vlad occupy the everyday DH spot on an incentive laden 1 year deal.

Personally, I like Vlad, Manny and Thome in that order for the Jays, what does everyone think?  Will AA add a big bat before Spring Training?  If so who?