FanPost

Is Eric Chavez the answer at 3rd for the Jays?

A report out of TSN is saying that Eric Chavez has had a work out with the Toronto Blue Jays.

The Toronto Blue Jays quest for a third baseman has led the club to take a look at the often injured Eric Chavez.   According to ESPN.com, Chavez recently held a personal workout for the club.

http://www.tsn.ca/mlb/story/?id=349263

Chavez has been banged up the past couple of years but if he could return to his Gold Glove standard, he could be a threat at the hot corner.

The Jays are a team full of young talent, including recent acquisition Candian Brett Lawrie, so this potential signing could create a 3 way race for an opening day starting position between Chavez, current third baseman Edwin Encarnacion and Lawrie (if he is ready to play in the big leagues in 2011).

It's not Manny Ramirez, but Chavez could be the "diamond in the rough" of this free agent class.

So, my question is, Yay or Nay? Is Chavez a solution at 3rd base?