Make your prediction: Adam Lind

I'm having a bad time of it today, my 'new' laptop has got problems and I had to take it into the shop. So for the next, hopefully not to many days, I have to get by with my old laptop. It runs slow and it hasn't been updated for a while so life will not be fun tonight when I need to use it.

Anyway, let's continue on our little task of guessing how Jay players are going to perform this coming season. We took a close look at Adam Lind's 2010 season back here, so I'm not going to go over it again. I'll just say it wasn't great:

G AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI BB K SB CS AVG OBP SLG
2010 - Adam Lind 150 569 57 135 32 3 23 72 38 144 0 0 .237 .287 .425

He didn't have the luck on balls in play that he had the year before (BABIP 2009: .323, 2010: .277).

Bill James sees him hitting .281/.338/.497 with 26 HR and 92 RBI which sounds pretty good to me.

I think (or maybe hope) that he'll get out of the pull everything rut he was in last year. I also hope he'll be a little more selective at that plate and that playing in the field helps his bat some.

My guess: 525 at bats. .285/.360/.525 line. 27 homers and 85 RBI. I'm hoping that hitting coach Dwayne Murphy sees more value in OBP and hitting the ball the opposite way more. Or maybe I've hopelessly optimistic.