Wednesday Bantering: Prospect Lists

Baseball Prospectus has posted their list of Top 11 Jays prospects, plus 9 more. Not hugely different than our list.

Five-Star Prospects
1. Kyle Drabek, RHP
2. J.P. Arencibia, C
Four-Star Prospects
3. Brett Lawrie, 2B
Three-Star Prospects
4. Travis d'Arnaud, C
5. Deck McGuire, RHP
6. Carlos Perez, C
7. Adeiny Hechavarria, SS
8. Zach Stewart, RHP
9. Anthony Gose, CF
10. Aaron Sanchez, RHP
11. Asher Wojciechowski, RHP
Nine More:
12. Eric Thames, OF:
13. Dickie Joe Thon, SS:
14. Adonis Cardona, RHP:
15. Noah Syndergaard, RHP:
16. Henderson Alvarez, RHP:
17. Jake Marisnick, OF:
18. Griffin Murphy, LHP:
19. Kellen Sweeney, 3B:
20. Chad Jenkins, RHP:

They say nice things about the system and these players. Lawrie, they say, could be a 20/20 type. Drabek could 'be an All-Star starter.

MLB.com is posting it's top prospects by position. So far, J.P. Arencibia is 6th and Travis d'Arnaud is 9th among catchers. Brett Lawrie is 2nd among second basemen. Adeiny Hechavarrria is 7th among shortstops. They haven't posted their lists of outfielders or pitchers yet. I'd imagine we'll have some among the pitchers.

Beyond the Boxscore has a ranking of 2005 draft picks by their WAR totals. Ricky Romero comes in 15th with a 5.6 WAR (I think he'll be moving up on the list) and Yunel Escobar is 5th with a 13.2 WAR.