Make your prediction: Aaron Hill

We had been running through the Jay players making predictions for the coming season, then some news came up and we got detoured.

We took a look at his 2010 season back here and Hugo took a look what we might expect from him in the future here

Hill's line from last year:

G AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI BB K SB CS AVG OBP SLG
2010 - Aaron Hill 138 528 70 108 22 0 26 68 41 85 2 2 .205 .271 .394

Aaron came into spring training, last year, making all the right noises about taking more pitches. And he did have a great spring training, but at the end of it he had some hamstring troubles. The first month of the season he hit just .162/.311/.297 in April and things didn't get much better the rest of the was.

There really wasn't much of a silver cloud in his offensive performance other than the 26 home runs. He had an extremely low BABIP, .196. Most of that was because he didn't hit near as many line drives as before, but you'd have to think it couldn't be that low two years in a row.

Bill James figures him for a .260/.319/.446 line, in 572 at bats with 22 home runs.

I'm thinking that Bill is pretty close on that, but I'm going to hope for a little better: .270/.330/.490 with 25 home runs, 75 RBI in about 600 at bats. Or maybe I'm hopeful, thinking he's gotta hit something like that for the Jays to pick up his option years.

What say you?