Jays Trade Mike Napoli to Rangers for Frank Francisco

It is done, here is the announcement:

The TORONTO BLUE JAYS have acquired RHP FRANK FRANCISCO and cash considerations, in exchange for C MIKE NAPOLI.

FRANCISCO, 31, posted a 6-4 record with two saves and a 3.76 ERA in 56 relief appearances for Texas last season. The Santa Domingo, Dominican Republic native had a career high 25 saves in 2009 as the Rangers closer. In six Major League seasons, all with Texas, the 6-3, 250 lb. right-hander has recorded a 17-15 record with 32 saves and a 3.75 ERA, including 315 strikeouts and only 237 hits in 283.1IP.

NAPOLI, 29, acquired in the Vernon Wells deal, has spent all 11 seasons of his professional career with the Angels. The Hollywood, Florida native posted .238 average with a career high 26 home runs and 68 RBI last season, splitting time between first base (70 games), and catcher (66 games). The 6-0, 215 lb., right-handed hitter has a career .251 average with 92 home runs and 249 RBI in parts of five Major League seasons.

Tom Back: A lot of us figured Napoli wasn't long for the team but I didn't expect us going after another reliever. Francisco would become the favorite for the closer role. How many guys do we have in the bullpen now?

Update: It looks like the Rangers are sending some money our way as well.