FanShot

Let me know what you think Nick Johnson/Blue Jays A wrist injury ended Johnson's 2010 season in...

5

Let me know what you think Nick Johnson/Blue Jays A wrist injury ended Johnson's 2010 season in May, the fourth straight year in which he failed to play in 100 games. He wasn't playing that well, but the plate discipline that is his top skill was still evident, good for 24 walks and a .388 on-base percentage. After trading Mike Napoli, the Blue Jays are back down to a mishmash at first base, led by Edwin Encarnacion. Johnson's OBP would be a great fit for a team that didn't have nearly enough runners on base to take advantage of its power surge a year ago, and may have even fewer in 2011.

Fixed link here.