Make your prediction: Jose Bautista

I don't really need to tell you anything about Jose Bautista's 2009 season, but if you want we took a closer look at it here.

All you need to know is that he hit 54 home runs after a previous season high of 16. His full batting line:

G AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI BB K SB CS AVG OBP SLG
2010 - Jose Bautista 161 569 109 148 35 3 54 124 100 116 9 2 .260 .378 .617

He did have a little bad luck on balls in play, with a .233 BABIP, down from .275 the season before. That surprises me, since I didn't see him hit anything but line drives all season.

Bill James sees him hitting .251/.355/.509 with 34 home runs in 614 at bats.

I think most figure he won't hit 54 home runs again this year, but the question is how many he will end up with. I don't know that he'll drop all that much. It isn't like his home runs scraped the fence on the way over. He crushed the ball. I read something saying that he had the longest average distance for home runs among players with 10 or more.

I'm going to guess .275/.400/.580 with 45 home runs with 110 RBI.

The other question is what position he will end up playing. I'd rather he play right field because I think that you slot your stars into a position and move other guys around. But they don't ask me.  At the moment it looks like he'll start the year at third.

Make your guesses.