FanPost

Are we thinn at lefties .... batters and arms?

AA told us that it looks like Bautista will take care of 3rd base. Which means that they plan with Davis as a lead-off hitter and an everyday outfielder (which would explain why we gave up two talented arms). I don´t think we´ll sign any big names in the next 2 months so our team looks like it´s nearly done for 2011 (aside from 5th starter and bp arms).

So what do we have.... I can see a line-up with

1) Davis (LF) 2) Escobar (SS) 3) Bautista (3B) 4) Wells (CF) 5) Lind (1B) 6) Edwin (DH) 7) Hill (2B) 8) Snider (RF) 9) Arencibia (C) ... so we only would have 2 Left handed batters in the line-up (Lind, Snider)

Our rotation is nearly equall with Romero L / Morrow R / Cecil L / Drabek R and who cares as long as Tallet doesn´t start as number 5.

I´m pretty sure that our BP will include Dotel (R) / Frasor (R) / Camp (R) / Janssen (R) / Purcey (L)... which means that the 2 open slots will be filled with lefthanders ... Carlson could be one. This could be a problem for guys like Roenicke and also for Stewart if they plan with him in the BP.

I´d like AA to sign one more lefthanded bat for our bank cause at the moment we have Molina and JohnnyMac sitting there also with the bat in their right hand.

What do you think. Would it be a problem to have only 2 lefthanded hitters in the everyday line-up?