Just What the Jays Wanted for Christmas: Rays Trade Matt Garza to the Cubs

A late Christmas present for Jay's batters: Matt Garza is going to the NL.

Matt, as I'm sure you know, saves his best performances for the Jays. He is just 6-6 against us but with a 2.14 ERA in 13 stats. Back in 2009 we only scored 4 runs off him in 4 starts, covering 28.1 innings. Thinking back, I'm not sure how we got the 4 runs.

The Rays did get a good bunch of prospects from the Cubbies: Chris Archer, Brandon Guyer, Robinson Chirinos, Hak-Ju Lee and Sam Fuld. Archer was their top prospect, a right handed pitcher, who struck out more than a batter an inning in Double-A, Lee looks he might become a good shortstop and Guyer has good power in the outfield, so the Rays got value for Garza. But I'm happy we won't be facing him anymore.