Make your predictions: Ricky Romero

Last year our predictions for Ricky Romero were all over the board. Some thought that, after a great rookie season, Romero would decline some and others thought he would build on that season. The hopeful ones were right.

2010 - Ricky Romero 14-9 32 32 3 1 0 0 210.0 189 98 87 15 82 174 3.73 1.29

Ricky improved in just about every part of his game. He struck out more batters (7.46/9 in 2010, 7.13/9 in 2009), walked fewer (3.51/9, from 3.99/9) and gave up fewer home runs (0.64/9 from 0.91/9).

Ricky's FIP of 3.64 and xFIP of 3.75 are also very good. He had a WAR of 4.0.

Romero's numbers by month:

April: 2-1, 2.25, 36 innings

May: 3-1, 3.92, 41.1 innings

June: 1-2, 2.12, 34 innings

July: 2-3, 6.08, 26.2

August: 3-1, 4.07, 42

Sept: 3-1, 4.50. 30.

Bill James figures him to go 12-12, in 31 starts, 210 innings and a 4.31 ERA.

I'm thinking more like 16-9, 32 starts, 220 innings and a 3.80 ERA.

What say you?

In This Article

Teams