Make your predictions: Brett Cecil

Coming into last year, off a rookie season that wasn't bad but had some memorable awful moments, we weren't very optimistic in our predictions for his sophomore year. We were wrong:

2010 - Brett Cecil 15-7 28 28 0 0 0 0 172.2 175 87 81 18 54 117 4.22 1.33

Brett led the team in wins.

He struck out 6.1/9, walked 2.81/9 and gave up 0.94 home runs each 9 innings. He struck out more batters in the minors, I'd think he'll strikeout more batters as time goes by. He had FIP of 4.03 and a xFIP of 4.32. Fangraphs has him at a 2.5 WAR.

Brett's numbers by month:

April: 1-1, 3.55 in 12.2 innings

May: 4-1, 3.89 in 37 innings

June: 2-3, 5.34 in 30.1 innings

July: 1-0, 2.23 in 32.1 innings

August: 3-2, 3.67 in 34.1 innings

Sept: 4-0, 6.92 in 26 innings.

The Jays have done a great job in gradually building up his innings, course they were helped out in limiting his innings, this year, since he missed some time after cutting his thumb at the start of the year.

Bill James figures him for 9-11, 4.12 in 28 starts and 172.2 innings.

Me? I think it would be nice to see him make a couple more starts and bring down his ERA a little, but it would be hard to imagine he could have a better record. So let's guess 30 starts, 4.00 ERA, 14-10, 200 innings and 150 strikeouts.

Rub up your crystal balls and let us know what you see.