FanShot

Hardball Times - Another One Bites the Dust (Catcher's ability to block pitches)

A very detailed look at which catchers are the best and worst at blocking pitches. Of interest: JPA and Jose Molina are 4th and 5th worst in the 2008-2011 time period. Jorge Posada was 2nd worst. Greg Zaun was the 5th best in the same time period. Rod Barajas was 8th.