Cardinals Beat Rangers in Game One of World Series

Rangers 2 Cardinals 3

Fun game tonight with former Jays all over that place.

On the Cardinal side:

Chris Carpenter went 6 innings (which for a Tony LaRussa team, is like a complete game). He gave up 5 hits, 1 walk, 4 strikeouts and 2 earned runs. He got the win.

Marc Rzepczynski struck out both batters he faced.

Octavio Dotel got a ground out and a strike out with the two batters he faced.

For Texas:

Michael Young went 0 for 4.

Mike Napoli was 1 for 2 with a 2 run homer and a walk.

Cards of the Day are Allen Craig (.173 WPA), Scrabble (.170), Jason Motte (.156 and a save) and David Freese (.121).

Suckage Cards are Yadier Molina (-.161) and Jon Jay (.135).

Ranger of the Day is Napoli (.207)

Suckage Rangers are Young (-.166), Alexi Ogando (-.127), Elvis Andrus (-.102) and Josh Hamilton (-.100).

We had fun in the GameThread. Join us for tomorrow's game.